Marathon and Half Course
Elevation of Empire State Marathon
- The Half Marathon doubles participants will run an out and back course back to the finish line at NBT Bank Stadium. 6.55 miles each
The start and finish will take place at NBT Bank Stadium in Syracuse. Adequate parking will allow runners easy access to the parking facilities and all entertainment adjacent to the start and the finish, as well as an easy exit after the race is over.
- Both the Marathon and Half-Marathon courses head North on a shared course to Onondaga Lake Parkway, Route 370, allowing for a wide-open start en route to Onondaga Lake Park. ( approximately 3 miles).
- The course enters Onondaga Lake Park at the South end (across from Heid’s ) and then continues to the most Northern end along the paved trail on the Eastern side of the park and exits onto Route 370 (Cold Springs Road).
- The half marathon turn -around will be at this point ( 6.55 miles).
- The Marathon course continues North over the Seneca River and takes the first left onto Hayes Road and reconnects with Route 370 (Cold Springs Road, heading North toward Baldwinsville) 9.5 miles.
- In Baldwinsville, the course connects with Route 31 (13.1 miles) and heads East turning onto River Road.
- Proceeding on River Road, the course heads South back towards Route 370, completing 19.5miles.
- Once on Route 370, the course will re-enter Onondaga Lake Park and will retrace the previous path , this leg of the race heading Southbound back to Onondaga Lake Parkway
- The course heads South on Route 370 (Lake Shore Parkway heading toward the Finish at NBT Bank Stadium. 26. 2 miles.
The Half Marathon Course
Is a flat, fast, out and back course running North from NBT Bank Stadium to Liverpool along Lakeshore Parkway all the way to the most Northern end of Onondaga Lake Park and then back again to Finish at NBT Bank Stadium.
The Marathon Course
Follows the same flat course as the Half Marathon to the end of Onondaga Lake Park, but then continues Northwest along the Seneca River with a modest climb back to Route 370 , proceeding North to Baldwinsville (the half way point for the Marathon course). The course continues East on Route 31 , turns onto River Road for a nice descent back to Onondaga Lake Park and then back along Onondaga Lake Parkway to the finish line waiting at NBT Bank Stadium.
The Marathon Relay 4 person team
The Marathon Relay transfer locations are located at R1, R2 and R3 on the map. Exchange locations are based on best positions for transfer, spectator viewing and the pick-up of participants. Additional information regarding the relay can be located on the Relay Page.