*PRICES ARE PER PERSON
FEB. 2 – MAR 15
MAR 16 – MAY 17
MAY 18 – JUN 30
JUL 1 – AUG 16
AUG 17 – SEP 30
OCT 1 – OCT 14
OCT 16 – OCT 18
[registration available on site only]
Registration Fees and Deadlines for 2015 Deferment to 2016: Requires a note from your doctor stating that you have an injury preventing your participation and is due by October 1, 2015
Registration Deadline for those deferred from 2014 to 2015 is due by October/12/2015.
There are no refunds of entry fees or transfers of bibs for 2015. There is a fee of $10 to change race category, in addition to the difference of the registration fees. If you register for a category and then move to a less expensive category the difference of the registration fee is not eligible for a refund.
Protect your race registration fee by purchasing Registration Protector for just $7 through Allianz Global Assistance when you register on Active.com. Simply add this option to your cart as you are registering for our event. Click here to view all of the covered reasons that would qualify you for a full registration refund.
If you purchased insurance and need a refund, please contact Allianz Global Assistance directly at 888.497.6989 to make a claim or visit their website. You can also call 888.497.6987 for general customer service questions. Unfortunately we cannot help you with any claims as they are all managed through Allianz.
If you do not remember if you purchased insurance or not, check your emails for a separate confirmation from Allianz, or check your credit card statement for the $7 line item near your registration fee with ACTIVE.
The Empire State Marathon and Half Marathon will start at 7:30 am and 8:00 am respectively, Sunday Oct.18th from NBT Stadium Parking Lot formerly, Alliance Bank Stadium, and will also finish at the Stadium Parking Lot Area.
There will NOT be an early wave for walkers. All walkers will go off with their appropriate category. This is not a competitive walking category. Times will be recorded with either the Marathon or Half Marathon runners.
Marathon – 7 hours
Half Marathon – 6 1/2 hours
All runners/walkers must be off the course in their respective times. The finish line will come down at 2:30 PM. Anyone finishing after the close of the race may submit their times to the timing company.
Friday, October 16 – Noon to 7 PM
Saturday, October 17 – 10am to 5pm
Race weekend includes The Burdick Driver’s Village New York State Health and Wellness Expo at Driver’s Village, 5885 E Circle Dr., Cicero, NY – 1st Floor around the Clock Area.
Packet Pick up is held at The New York State Health & Wellness Expo. All runners finishing the races will receive Finisher Medals. All those entered also receive an Empire State Marathon Half Marathon, and Relay Marathon Shirt.
LATE REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK UP ON SITE:
Sunday, October 18 – 5:30am to 7:30 am
Late Registration and Packet Pick up will be held at the on site expo area – NBT Bank Stadium parking lot.
Over All and Age/Sex Divisional awards will be given for the top three places. A Master’s Division (top overall) award will also be presented for the marathon and half marathon distance for both male/female. Everyday Heroes Division will award for top three overall male and female for the half and full marathon. The Marathon Relay participants will receive an Overall award for the Top finishing Team and also a Top Team award for each Division: Mixed, Male, Female and Everyday Heroes.
Information regarding 2015 Race weekend will be updated as plans are finalized. Race officials and coordinators may make changes on the course and locations of additional events. Please check the site for updates as race day gets closer. Updates will also be posted to FACEBOOK and TWITTER. Follow us on these sites for announcements and additional information.
Last Update – Oct 5, 10AM
Are you ready for your close-up? During the 2015 race we’ll have PAT HENDRICK photographers on hand to make sure you can choose from several great photos of your heroic effort.
Purchase your Empire State Marathon photos HERE
• Both the Marathon and Half-Marathon courses head North on a shared course to Onondaga Lake Parkway, Route 370, allowing for a wide-open start en route to Onondaga Lake Park. ( approximately 3 miles).
• The course enters Onondaga Lake Park at the South end (across from Heid’s ) and then continues to the most Northern end along the paved trail on the Eastern side of the park and exits onto Route 370 (Cold Springs Road).
• The half marathon turn -around will be at this point ( 6.55 miles).
• The Marathon course continues North over the Seneca River and takes the first left onto Hayes Road and turns around at Surbrook Rd and heads back on Hayes Rd takes a right onto Colds Springs Road and back into Onondaga Lake Park
• Runners follow the course back to Long Branch Road turn right and cross the bridge and then enters back into Onondaga Lake Park onto the West Shore Trail
• Marathoners will follow the West Shore Trail till the turn around and back to Long Branch Road where they turn right and go back over the bridge.
• Once they reach the turn back into Onondaga Lake Park they will follow the East Shore Trail.
• The course heads South on Route 370 (Lake Shore Parkway heading toward the Finish at NBT Bank Stadium. 26. 2 miles.
Award ceremonies will be located at the Finish line on Stage.
Awards for the Half Marathon: 10:45 am
Awards for the Marathon and Relay: 12:00 am
The Finish Line Stage will also host local entertainment, music and more.
Additional entertainment along the course.
• Top 3 Open Men/Women – Overall
• Men/Women age groups (18 and Under) (19-24) (25-29) (30-34) (35-39) (40-44) (45-49) (50-54),(55-59) (60- 64) (65-69) (70+)
• A Master’s Top Overall – Male/Female for Half and Marathon
• Top 3 Overall Male and Female for the Everyday Heroes – Half and Full Marathons
• An Overall Award for the Top Finishing Marathon Team, and Top Team award for Mixed, Male, Female, and Everyday Heroes
• Finishers of the Full, Half & Relay Marathon will receive finisher awards
Reservations can be made by calling 1-866-318-9937 or 315-451-1511. Visit www.themaplewoodinn.com . Group Code is: ESM15. Standard Room Rate: $99 per room with Breakfast (dbl occ) plus the applicable taxes. Rooms are available at the discounted rate Thursday through Monday. All reservations must be made by October 16, 2015 to guarantee the discounted group rate. The following complimentary shuttle service will be provided on 10/18/15: Drop off: 5AM & 5:30AM Pick up: 10AM, 11AM, 1PM Pick up: 10AM, 11AM, 1PM Located Exit 25, Rt. 81, Liverpool NY.
The shuttle service is a first come first serve basis. Other times may be available.
The full service hotel offers:
· Free High Speed Wireless Internet
· Indoor Heated Swimming Pool
· Shuttle Service to and from the transportation centers
· Shuttle Service available to and from the race location
· On site Therapeutic spa and massage center
· Exquisite Restaurant and Lounge at reasonable prices
CrestHill Suites ~ Reserve: 1.888.723.1655 ~ Promo code -EMPIRE ~ One and two bedroom suites available. CrestHill Suites is a place where our staff will do whatever it takes to make your stay just like home. We’ve designed our spacious front lobby to be a comfortable living room, a place where you can gather with your co-workers or other guests and relax by the fire or enjoy our social fare Monday-Thursday. Plus, you never know when one of our staff or residents will be cooking something tasty on the grill out by the pool. Address: 6410 New Venture Gear Drive, East Syracuse, NY 13057 ~ Phone: 1.315.432.5595
Make reservations with the Crowne Plaza by calling 315-479-7000 to make your reservation.
701 E. Genesee St, Syracuse, NY
Bed & Breakfast Wellington
Our Bed and Breakfast is an urban B&B with unique architecture influenced by the Arts & Crafts Period. Inside, you will experience the tasteful joining of the old and the new. The “old” is reflected in wonderful antiques and a large collection of oriental carpets, while the “new” is displayed with in-room availability of high-speed wireless and cable Internet access. www.bbwellington.com
(26.2 Miles Total) will be an exciting and accessible way for groups and individuals to participate in the Empire State Marathon at a distance less than the Marathon and Half Marathon. Each Team will have a team member stationed at each leg to hand off to. The Everyday Hero teams are comprised of four qualified members.
Busing will be provided to each location so all members can park at the Finish line and will also be picked up from their finishing exchange location to be bused back to the Finish Line.
The Marathon Relay transfer locations are roughly every 6 to 7 miles at sites based on best positions for exchange, spectators and the pick-up of participants. Slap bracelet passing is optional per relay team and may be picked up at packet pick-up at the Expo on the 17th and 18th.
Exchange #1: Start Line to the Marina on Hayes Rd. This is approximately mile 7 on the course. Exchange #2: Is located approximately at 13 miles on the West Shore Trail (old turn around circle) . Exchange #3: Is located across from Longbranch park around mile 20 before crossing back over Longbranch bridge to the East Side Trail.
Each bus has an assigned runner number which will be displayed in the front window.
• Runner number #1 bus will leave at 7:15 a.m.
• Runner number #2 bus at 7:30 a.m.
• Runner number #3 bus at 7:45 a.m.
We’re in search of awesome volunteers who enjoy having a great time while helping others for the Empire State Marathon, coming to the Syracuse area on Sunday, October 18th at NBT Bank Stadium! We also have volunteer positions available on the Friday andSaturday before the event at our Expo in Driver’s Village. Click HERE to sign up to volunteer!
• An exclusive volunteer t-shirt
• Groups of 10 or more are eligible for local fundraising (Email us for more information)
• Community service hours
• Be a part of an exciting event with inspiring people
Volunteers will help with various tasks, such as checking in runners, passing out shirts and medals, cheering and handing out water along the course, and much more! Click HERE to sign up to volunteer!
Registrations can be transferred to a different race category through online registration. Transfers to a different category will incur a transfer fee of $10 plus the additional difference in the fee if it is more then the fee paid during the original registration.
Human Movement Inc.
1111 South St
Louisville, CO 80027
There are a total of eight aid stations on the course. All are adequately staffed by our volunteers. The aid station will be stocked with water, Gatorade, GU, a candy snack, limited first aid kit and some with flat coke. With stations are approximately 1.5 – 2 miles apart..
Porta Johns will be stationed at the start line and throughout the course.
Check maps for locations.